Coorest is on the verge of a crucial point of transitioning from a start-up to a scale-up. Especially with future developments in 2023. This convinced us that Board and Management changes need to be made in order to make this transition successful.
This was not done overnight and hasn’t left us untouched, even on a personal level. The reason why we decided not to communicate this earlier is because we needed to decide on how to proceed, overthink consequences, and fitting in everyone’s concerns and stakes.
Therefore, we want to inform everyone that Peter Ten Zijthoff (CFO), William Ten Zijthoff (CBO), Jeroen Meertens (CMO), and Charlotte Schroots (CCO) step down from the board and end their activities for Coorest.
- Peter stopped his Board activities and additional activities on 1 December 2022.
- William stopped his board activities on 1 December 2022, but will remain actively involved till 31 December 2022.
- Jeroen will stop his board activities and additional activities on 6 December 2022, but will remain partly involved till 31 December 2022.
- Charlotte will stop her Board activities on 31 December 2022, but will remain actively involved till 31 January 2023.
- Nick will remain on the Board as CTO and will pull the cart with the support of a COO and a potential new board member. They will heavily focus on Tech, Sales with the support of marketing and plantation operations.
All the above will also have an effect on the composition of the teams. To contain a high focus on sales and tech, communications will be combined with marketing which resulted in the redundancy of the communications team. The marketing team will be hands-on and will support the sales team. The sales team will seek further developments and will be extended.
We strongly believe that it’s time to get “heavy weights” on board that can take Coorest to the next level into the exciting scale-up phase.
We started interviewing potential candidates for the board position and additional advisors roles. We are happy to tell you that we are in an advanced stage. These candidates have a verifiable track record of managing and growing startups and international multi-billion dollar corporations into the future.
We will inform you when we appoint new board members as soon as possible and introduce him/her.
We are proud of what we have built together in such a short time (and what is coming in the near future!). Coorest has incredible potential and a bright future ahead. We are excited to see Coorest growth in 2023!